Siderúrgica Sevillana, S.A. has an Internal information System called ‘Reporting Channel’, since 2011, it has been available to any person who has a well-founded knowledge of the commission of a reportable act, whether it has been accomplished or is going to be accomplished.
Law 2/2023 of 20 february on the protection of persons who report regulatory infringements and the fight against corruption protects natural persons who report, through any of the procedures provided for, any acts or omissions that may constitute infringements of European Union Law that constitute a serious or very serious criminal or administrative offence.
On the basis of this rule, any person, whether affected or not, who has obtained information on infringements in an employment or professional context has the obligation to report and will have the protection measures established in the legislation in force.
Likewise, and in accordance with the provisions of article 25 of the aforementioned law, we include below basic information on the use of the internal reporting channel implemented, as well as the essential principles of the management procedure.
USE OF THE CHANNEL
Communications/complaints may be submitted:
In writing by post addressed to:
SIDERÚRGICA SEVILLANA, S.A.
Autovía Sevilla Málaga, KM. 6 Polígono Industrial Hacienda Dolores
1500 Alcalá de Guadaíra.
By e-mail: email@example.com
Via telephone: mobile +34 607 64 53 54 / Landline 954 97 93 08 / Internal 1090.
Via Whatsapp (only as a means of consultation. Any information containing personal data must be communicated through the other channels made available).
By personal appearance before the Compliance Officer.
The essential principles of the management procedure are as follows:
• The protection of the whistleblower against retaliation when reporting wrongdoing within the company.
• Encouraging communication to prevent wrongdoing.
• Strengthening the culture of compliance to improve the level of integrity of the organisation.
• The accessibility of the channel to any person who comes into contact with the organisation.
• Confidentiality of the identity of the whistleblower and any third party, and the possibility of anonymity.
• The guarantee of appropriate treatment of the personal data of the persons affected or involved.
• Preservation of the rights of whistleblowers and those being reported.
For more information on the procedure or management of the internal information system / reporting channel, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org